Sunday, October 25, 2009

Movies, for Dummies.

This is my first blog, so please excuse the informalities. My plan here is to create a set of film reviews, for real people. My biggest qualm with film critiques is that most of them are based on a set of high-falutin critical rules that, frankly, I don't give a shit about. I'm a horror fan. I love scary movies. However, the "critics" (these are the Roger Eberts, the Owen Gleibermans, basically, the people that get paid) usually don't care for the genres that myself, and many others love. I'm simply presenting an alternative to that. I'm going to try and watch a few films a week, and give a review for them. I love movies from all genres and time periods. Action, Noir, Sci-fi, Horror, Comedy, Kids movies, foreign films, documentaries, and the occasional western. This blog will contain them all (except for romantic comedies...I watch about 1.2 of these per year).

This will also serve as the only warning concerning language, content, and other obscenities. This blog will contain these things. If you don't like dirty dirty dirty words, well then go read Ebert. Also, there will be movies that I will not like. In all honesty, I do believe that most movies are terrible. Especially if they feature castmembers from Gossip Girl. If you want a beautiful, glowing review of every movie I watch, than visit aintitcoolnews.com, because the (otherwise) brilliant Harry Knowles can provide you with that. So, with the rules laid out, let the movie watching begin!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your review of "Fame." It looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Goodman directed me to your blog and I am glad that he did. I can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete